Thursday, July 1, 2010

Al Fatihah

When i was in primary school, my parents would send me to my grandma house for a week during the school holidays, without fail. At that time, i thot my parents were punishing me. I resented but i didn't object. I learnt a lot of living in 'kampung'. In the morning, i would feed the chicken and went to mini pasar to buy some groceries and breakfast. In the evening, i would do some gardening - watering the plants or tanam pokok. And at night, mengaji and massage my grandma. The living-in-kampung routine went on till i was in lower secondary school.

When i went to boarding school, the routine stopped. Yabedabedu. I was happy...but when i went back to kampung on Tuesday, the memory flashed in front of me. But this time, it was different. On 29th June 2010, my beloved grandma passed away. Al Fatihah.

*still in emotional mode

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails